Is a Smile Makeover Right for Me?
By Stephen Rogers on February 19, 2013
The power of a beautiful smile should not be underestimated. A gorgeous smile can increase a person's confidence and overall quality of life. If your smile leaves you feeling insecure, or self-conscious, it's time to consider a smile makeover! A patient's smile makeover treatment plan may include several cosmetic and restorative dental procedures. The Long Island cosmetic dentists of Greater Long Island Dental offer this discussion on smile makeovers to help you decide if you might be a candidate for treatment. If you feel you are a candidate, we welcome you to schedule a consultation to discuss your specific treatment needs.
Because smile makeover treatments are quite varied, most people are good candidates for some form of cosmetic or restorative dental procedures. In order to determine exactly which treatments you are a candidate for, we encourage you to schedule a consultation with a dentist specializing in smile makeovers, like our team at Greater Long Island Dental. Generally, candidates for smile makeovers are people who would benefit from the following smile makeover treatments:
- Teeth Whitening: Those with discolored, yellowed teeth may be candidates for professional teeth whitening. Teeth whitening is a popular smile makeover treatment because it effectively improves the appearance of the teeth at relatively low cost and in little time. Many smile makeovers include teeth whitening in addition to other treatments.
- Porcelain Veneers: People suffering from mild misalignment, irregularly shaped teeth, small chips, or other imperfections may benefit from porcelain veneers. Porcelain veneers are tooth-shaped shells used to cover flaws and improve the overall aesthetics of the mouth. For our patients in Long Island, porcelain veneers offer a quick and pain-free way to improve the appearance of the smile.
- Tooth-Colored Fillings: Tooth-colored fillings are another popular treatment option when it comes to smile makeovers. Candidates for tooth-colored fillings include those who already have metal fillings they would like replaced for a completely natural looking smile.
- Porcelain Crowns: Porcelain crowns are used to restore the strength and appearance to damaged, weakened teeth. Candidates for porcelain crowns are those who have broken, decayed teeth or teeth weakened by large fillings.
- Dental Implants: Dental implants are used to replace missing teeth. Dental implant restorations include porcelain crowns to replace individual teeth or implant-supported bridges and dentures. Dental implants offer a secure, permanent replacement for missing teeth. Dental implant treatment requires oral surgery. Candidates must be able to tolerate surgery and be in good general health.
- Orthodontics: Orthodontics is yet another popular smile makeover treatment. Orthodontic treatment is used to create beautifully aligned teeth. Our practice offers Invisalign® for your comfort and confidence. Candidates for orthodontics generally suffer from crooked teeth or misalignment.
Schedule a Consultation with Greater Long Island Dental Today
With so many smile makeover treatments, you're bound to be a candidate for one or more procedures. To find out which treatments are right for you, we invite you to schedule a consultation today. Our friendly team is ready to give you the smile you've always wanted. We look forward to hearing from you.
Related to This
“We are dedicated to making you feel welcomed, respected, and truly cared for.”