No Muss, No Fuss: The Benefits of Digital X-rays
By Stephen Rogers on February 05, 2016
At Greater Long Island Dental, we strive to offer the very latest in dental technology, from our diagnostic systems to our treatment equipment. This reflects our pledge to provide our patients with the safest, most effective, most efficient, and most comfortable treatment available in modern dentistry. We will settle for no less, and we expect that our patients feel the same way.
Among the many pieces of advanced dental technology available to you as a patient of Greater Long Island Dental is our digital radiography system, better known as a digital x-ray machine. We are pleased to offer the many benefits of digital x-rays to our Long Island, NY patients, which include, but are certainly not limited to, reduced exposure to radiation. Obviously, we care about your health - not just your oral health, but your overall health - so we jumped at the chance to limit your exposure to radiation. However, digital x-rays also offer other tangible benefits to you as a patient, which made our decision to integrate the technology into our practice even easier.
Ultimately, at Greater Long Island Dental, there is nothing more important to us than you, the patient. If you would like to discover what a truly patient-centered dental experience is like, then we invite you to visit our practice at your earliest convenience. We would be delighted to meet you!
What Are the Benefits of Digital X-rays?
Digital x-rays offer many benefits, including:
- Reduced exposure to radiation: Our digital radiography system produces up to 90 percent less radiation compared to conventional film x-rays. While traditional x-rays are not necessarily harmful, people who have frequent x-rays will appreciate any opportunity to limit their radiation exposure.
- Shorter, more convenient appointments: Traditional x-rays require time for the film to be exposed. Digital x-ray images can be transmitted directly to a computer screen for immediate review by the dentist and patient, cutting the appointment time by quite a few minutes.
- High resolution images that can easily be manipulated: Traditional x-ray images can be viewed in actual size only. Digital x-ray images can be enlarged without distorting the image, making it easier for our dentists to discuss images in detail with patients.
- Environmentally friendly: We all care about the environment, and with digital x-rays, we don’t have to worry about the chemicals used to develop traditional film, nor the storage space needed for old film.
- Easy to transfer: With traditional x-rays, images need to be sent via “snail mail” to insurance companies and other medical facilities, which only adds time to various processes. With digital x-rays, high-quality images are transmitted with the click of a mouse.
In the end, digital x-rays contribute to an overall more comfortable experience for you. They can help to shave up to 30 minutes off of your appointment time while reflecting our concern for your health.
Learn More about the Benefits of Digital X-rays
To learn more about the benefits of digital x-rays, please contact Greater Long Island Dental today.
Related to This
“We are dedicated to making you feel welcomed, respected, and truly cared for.”