Invisalign® Express: Quick-Acting Invisible Orthodontics
By Stephen Rogers on January 04, 2018
When it comes to treating crooked teeth, there are few options more popular than Invisalign®. Rather than using brackets and wires like traditional braces, Invisalign® uses a series of clear plastic aligner trays that gradually help shift teeth into position.
While many Long Island, NY patients can benefit from Invisalign®, there is a new version of Invisalign® that’s best for treating minor tooth misalignments and crookedness. This new system is called Invisalign® Express.
What Is Invisalign® Express?
Invisalign® Express is a variant of traditional Invisalign® treatment. It’s used on people who have very minor tooth misalignment issues that do not necessitate a more involved orthodontic procedure. Invisalign® Express essentially achieves the results of Invisalign® in just a fraction of the time.
Invisalign® Express Candidates
Invisalign® Express is a good option for both teens and adults. In order to qualify for Invisalign® Express, patients must have very minor tooth misalignment issues that meet specific criteria. More severe tooth misalignment cannot be addressed through Invisalign® Express. This criteria includes the following:
- Less than 2 mm of spacing or crowding per arch
- Minimal rotation of the cuspids, bicuspids, and incisors
- Less than 2 mm of midline correction required
- Less than 1.5 mm of dental expansion required per arch
During a consultation at our practice, we can determine if Invisalign® Express is an ideal treatment option for you, or if traditional Invisalign® is more ideal for your needs.
The Invisalign® Express Process
Invisalign® Express works very similar to traditional Invisalign®. Patients are instructed to wear their aligners at all times except for when they eat, drink, or clean their teeth. That amounts to about 22 hours with the Invisalign® Express aligners on. Every two weeks, they will start wearing a new Invisalign® Express aligners that will help gradually shift their teeth into proper position.
It’s estimated that patients who undergo Invisalign® Express will need about 10 aligners to achieve the final results of treatment. By comparison, traditional Invisalign® treatment requires about 20 to 30 aligners.
Invisalign® Express Benefits
Invisalign® Express has a number of key benefits for patients:
- Invisalign® Results Achieved Quickly - With Invisalign® Express, patients can achieve the results of Invisalign® in just half the time or less. Usually an Invisalign® Express treatment just takes 6 months.
- Less Expensive Than Traditional Invisalign® - With less time for treatment and fewer aligners needed, the cost of Invisalign® Express is less than that of traditional Invisalign® and other orthodontic procedures.
- Improved Dental Health and Aesthetics - Invisalign® Express improves the appearance of your smile as well as tooth alignment, which improves dental health for the long run.
- No Interruption to Your Daily Routine - Invisalign® Express aligners are easy to remove and put on. This means you can eat your favorite foods and experience no hassles when cleaning your teeth.
Is Invisalign® Express Right for Me?
The best way to find out if Invisalign® Express is right for you is to visit our practice for a consultation. During your visit, we can discuss the procedure in much greater detail and determine if you meet the criteria we’ve noted above. If Invisalign® Express is not right for you, we can offer an honest opinion about your ideal treatment options given your situation.
Learn More About Invisalign® Express
If you would like more information about Invisalign® Express and how it might help you, be sure to contact our team of experienced dentists today. The team at Greater Long Island Dental looks forward to your visit and discussing these matters with you in person.
Related to This
“We are dedicated to making you feel welcomed, respected, and truly cared for.”