Missing Teeth? We’ll Help Bridge the Gap
A dental bridge can be a great option for someone missing one or more adjacent teeth.
Dental bridges are a long-lasting tooth restoration. Generally, bridges work by placing crowns on either side of your missing tooth (or teeth) and using those restorations to secure your bridge in place
The finished restoration effectively bridges the gap between missing teeth, restoring the health and beauty of your smile.
Here at Greater Long Island Dental, we offer several different types of custom, durable tooth bridges to our Massapequa community. Contact us to learn more or set up an appointment.
Benefits of Dental Bridges
Not only are dental bridges a great way to restore a healthy and natural smile, but they also help by:
- Providing stability when you chew or bite
- Allowing you to eat and speak naturally
- Maintaining your natural facial structure
- Preventing teeth from moving or misaligning
- Promoting healthier gums and jaw tissue
Bridges are good for your smile — and your health, too!
Tooth Bridges vs. Partial Dentures
Both dental bridges and partial dentures help maintain the overall structure and function of a smile containing missing teeth.
The key difference between dental bridges and partial dentures is the latter are not fixed in place. Dentures are removable fixtures that need to be taken out and cleaned regularly. Your bridge can be cared for just like a natural tooth!
We can help you decide which is the best fit for you. Learn more about dentures at Great Long Island Dental here.
What to Expect from Dental Bridge Treatment
We’re dedicated to making your dental bridge treatment as comfortable as possible with our high tech, restorative solutions. Here’s how the process will work:
- Step 1: Meet with your dentist for a consultation. They’ll review the different types of dental bridges and find the best option for you.
- Step 2: The neighboring teeth are prepared to be the anchor of your tooth bridge. Depending on the type of bridge your dentist recommends, this may require a crown or a tooth implant.
- Step 3: Impressions are taken of your teeth and a temporary bridge is placed to protect your teeth until your permanent bridge is complete. In some cases, we may be able to make a same-day CEREC bridge with no temporary needed!
- Step 4: Once the finished bridge is ready, you’ll come back in for your follow-up appointment. The bridge will be fixed into place, leaving you with a healthy, beautiful smile!
Contact us to learn more or set up an appointment today.
"Have been going to this Dental Office for 25+ years. The doctors, hygienists and office staff are amazing. Great dental care and compassionate doctors. Highly recommend."
See how we’ve helped patients attain healthy and beautiful smiles.
Meet Our Doctors
At Greater Long Island Dental in Massapequa, our dentists take great pride in helping our patients restore their smiles without unnecessary stress, worry, and discomfort. We’re friendly, gentle, and committed to your comfort every step of the way.
We’ll help restore your smile and confidence with your new dental bridge. At our office, you’ll always be treated with kindness, respect, and compassion.